Hogmanay in Edinburgh Safety Information
Here at PP Travel safety is always of the highest importance on each and every one of our tours. Luckly for us, in regards to our Hogmanay Tour, the council in Edinburgh provides the very best of medical and safety staff for the Hogmanay celebrations throughout the city and cover all the designated Hogmanay events.
- DO dress for the weather
- DO look after your friends
- DO arrange meeting points in case you become separated
- DO think about how you will get home after the Edinburghs Hogmanay Street Party, there are free buses running to parts of the city
- DO appreciate that bags may be searched for security reasons DO let a police officer or steward know if you see anything suspicious
- DO follow any instructions given out they are for your benefit
- DO listen out for announcements. In the event of an emergency, you may need to evacuate all or part of the event arena. You will be directed to the safest exit. Follow directions and leave as quickly and safely as possible.
- DO get to know where the emergency services are stationed (see the event map)
- DO arrive before 11pm, No entry after 11pm
- DON'T bring glass (including bottles) into any of the event arenas
- DON'T expect entry if you've had too much to drink you'll be refused
- DON'T bring children under 16 to the Edinburghs Hogmanay Street Party (events on 29, 30 December and 1 January are for all the family)
- DON'T forget your tickets you won't get into the ticketed arenas without them
G4S EVENTS has been supplying security and stewarding to the Edinburghs Hogmanay festival, including the Street Party since it began in 1993. Their first priority is to make it a night to remember for all the right reasons.
G4S personnel are responsible for entrances, thoroughfares and exits to help you enter, walk around the site easily and safely, and help you leave by the most appropriate route. They will check you have a ticket to manage the number of people entering the Street Party arena and to create a place suitable for everyone to enjoy the festivities. If they do not ley you in because you've had too much to drink, please remember, this is for your own safety not because we want to spoil your fun.
Look out for for the yellow jackets worn by the G4S staff which are highly visible and they will do everything they can to assist you should you have any need. Hogmanay organisers and Edinburgh City Council want you to be safe and enjoy yourselves and as such G4S staff will do their very best to answer your questions, help you out if you have a problem or point you in the right direction if you get lost.
Hope you have a very happy and safe Hogmanay, wherever you may be
See you on the 31st!Posted: 13 June 2010 01:09:52 GMT by MarkBilled as the "World's Best New Year Celebrations!" - Edinburgh's Hogmanay certainly has a right to claim to be the "home" of New Year's Eve. It is not only one of the largest street festivities in Europe but it is also one of the premier New Year parties on the planet! Our excellent non-stop Hogmanay party tour hosts a full program of exclusive events and parties. Find out more about Hogmanay.