PP Travel Blog
La Tomatina 2009 has an official set of rules! Who knew?
To ensure a civic responsibility the City Hall of Bunol has prepared a list of rules which will ensure that the Tomatina remains a celebration and not a chore for the local community and of course for international visitors to the festival. These are very simple rules that the council hopes will permit the festival to evolve problem free in the coming years and also to bring a lasting and fruitful cohabitation between residents of Bunol and visitors alike.
- 1. You must not bring bottles or other type of objects which could cause an accident. Rule 1 is almost comedic in it's simplicity and I would've thought, quite obvious.
- 2. You must not break or throw T-shirts. As far as I can tell this is not policed and will happen no matter what the authorities suggest. Believe me a heavy wet t-shirt in the face hurts a lot more than a few tomatos.
- 3. The tomatos must be squashed before throwing them, to avoid hurting people. For the dummies this means you are not permitted to throw cans of tomatos.
- 4. You must be careful of any lorry. Again this rule is brilliant in it's simplicity. I am sure no-one would've thought to look out for a truck filled with tomatos that may have been about to run them over.
- 5. When you hear the second shot, you must stop throwing tomatos. This is policed quite rigorously as the street cleaners are out in force almost immediately after the second cannon shot.
I am sure there are many more good points that party revellers to la Tomatina 2009 will be able to think of themslves by using their own common sense.
PP Travel still has a number of options available for this brilliant and messy festival. Check out the PP Travel website for our great value La Tomatina tour options.
Happy travels one and all, stay safe and above all, remember to be good to one another.
p.s. Yes the Oktoberfest Daily Countdown is still operational. Find out exactly how many days there are until the biggest festival of them all in Munich.Posted: 05 August 2009 14:47:33 GMT by Bomber
La Tomatina is the World's largest food fight. It's totally crazy. It's totally wild. It's out of control and an unbelievably fun experience. On the last Wednesday of August each year, the world-famous tomato throwing festival takes pl ... read more
PP Travel La Tomatina Options:: 3 Day - 3* Hotel - 2024 - From £175
:: 3 Day - 4* Hotel - 2024 - From £195
:: 3 Day - 5* Hotel - 2024 - From £899
:: Day Trip - 2024 - Only £109